The home feels like the healthiest place on Earth right now. You’ll be surprised to find out that it is far from that. Everything from electricity to the indoor air can kill you, literally. Even household items can put your health at risk. These dangers exist in your home and you don’t even have a clue about their existence. What you need to do is get rid of them as soon as possible, if you want to be in tip-top shape, of course. When you do your cleaning, make sure to look out for the following things.
When it comes to treating conditions and illnesses, medications play a very important role. They cure, halt or prevent disease. When they are no longer needed, drugs should be disposed of properly. The main problem is that people don’t feel comfortable throwing things away, especially medicines. They keep them in the house, thinking that one day they will find a use for them. In the off chance that you have unused medications lying around, throw them away. Why? You may ask. Because they have reached their expiration date and they are not good anymore. Don’t believe others who tell you that the potency of the medicines last a decade because it isn’t true. The medications belong in the trash. They are harmful, especially if they get into the hands of people who don’t need them.
Plastic food containers
There’s not a single homeowner that doesn’t have plastic food containers. They are largely used to store leftovers. What you need to know about plastic food containers is the fact that they are toxic. Those that feature the label PC, which stands for polycarbonate, emit toxic fumes when they are heated. If you don’t have the heart to give them away, you should at least store the containers in a place far away, like a storage unit, in the summertime. Storage units Fayetteville are for things like these. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration say that the material from which the containers are made is completely harmless. Nonetheless, it’s better to be on the safe side.
Cleaning solutions aren’t what they used to be. The products available nowadays keep the home sparkling and smelling nice, but they can possibly damage your health and that of your family. Side effects include but aren’t limited to rashes, watery eyes, fatigue, loss of appetite, and vomiting. Instead of using bleach and all kinds of cleaning agents, you should better make your own cleaning supplies. With white vinegar and sodium bicarbonate, you can make your own household cleaners. As for the cleaning solutions you already have, if you have noticed any of the aforementioned symptoms, toss them away.
According to experts, sponges are full of bacteria and mold. This is the reason why the yellow or blue sponge shouldn’t be sitting on the kitchen sink for more than a week. It’s necessary to change the sponge on a regular basis. The same rule applies to bathroom sponges. You use the sponge on your body, so you need to be extra careful. Get rid of the loafer after three to four weeks. Your skin will thank you for it.