People always say that you have to stay away from carbs if you want to keep a slim figure and most of them totally remove carbs from their diet, which is not necessarily a good thing. Good carbs or healthy carbs are essential for a balanced diet and have their role in maintaining you healthy and fit. Therefore, instead of depriving your body of the good carbs, consider including them in your diet.
- Corn is usually seen as a bad carb because it’s often used in processed foods that have no nutritional value, but corn as it is, is a great natural whole grain that can offer you fibers, vitamins, and antioxidants that can improve your vision. Avoid canned corn and opt for the fresh one that you can grill or add to your salad.
- For a long time, bananas have been considered bad for the diet because of the high nutritional value, but, in fact, they are a healthy carb that you should include in your diet. Bananas are full of vitamin C, potassium, manganese, and fibers, being an excellent food that can keep you full so you won’t feel the need to eat. You can either eat them whole or use them in your recipes to replace the more harmful fats.
- From the list of white foods that you should avoid, like white bread, white pasta or white rice, the white potatoes might have been misunderstood. Besides being tasty and versatile, they can actually be good for you because they offer potassium and fibers. To make good use of the white potatoes, you can opt for a light puree or you can cut them in slices, sprinkle olive oil and bake until crisp.
- Bread has always been a banned food when it came to a healthy diet that would help you stay fit. Still, you can eat bread whenever you like if you learn how to make it yourself and you use healthy types of flour. Investing in the best rated bread machine will come in handy when you want to prepare a healthy bread made with whole grain or delicious seeds that will offer you proteins and fibers. Read some reviews in order to see which is the best rated bread machine of the moment, and choose a quality device, which not only allows you to use different types of flour, but also allows you to add seeds, nuts and oher healthy fillings.
- Green peas are higher in carbs than the non-starch vegetables, but can offer you plenty of fibers and antioxidants that are essential for a healthy diet. Eat them dried or in soups or salads and they will help you stay fit and healthy.